Role: Shall coordinate with the central agency in ensuring effective implementation of development plans, proper management of settlements and efficient delivery of municipal services.
Sector shall carry out the following responsibilities:
1. Monitor developments and constructions for their compliance with the approved plans, rules and regulations in the respective Dzongkhags. With regard to the monitoring of construction of buildings, it will be limited to the Building Inspectors. Any aspect requiring in-depth analysis of architectural, structural and electrical design and drawings including their interpretations, it will be referred to the Dzongkhag Engineering Sector.
2. Submit timely report on the human settlement activities for necessary guidance and monitoring by the central agency.
3. Prepare annual work plan and Five Year Plan activities and corresponding budget requirement.
4. Implement rules and regulations, guidelines, standards, circulars and executive orders related to the human settlements.
5. Create awareness on the planning principles, rules and regulations, guidelines, standards, circulars and executive orders related to the human settlements.
6. Manage HR and build capacity of staff and officials - right people with right skills and experiences at the right places.
7. Communicate, coordinate and follow-up between the central and local agencies.
8. Provide municipal service